About Me

My photo
I am a follower of Christ, a wife, a mother, a sister, a daughter, a teacher...

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Intro to CVS

A lot of people have been asking me about "CVSing,"so I thought I'd give a run down of how to get started and how it works.

First, you need to sign up for an Extra Care card.  This is like a store-loyalty card.  It doesn't cost you anything, completely free to join.  It's not a credit or anything like that.  Go HERE to read up about the Extra Care program. When I first started, I couldn't believe it.  Your store is going to give me money to shop there?  COOL!

Basically, you can earn a percentage back from what you spend.  Also, each week there are items that you can get Extra Care Bucks (ECBs) back.  These are coupons that will print out at the bottom of your receipt.  Once you start earning ECBs, you can use them towards your next purchase.  

 
This is an example of a coupon that would print out at the bottom of the receipt.  Notice, this one says $1 off a specific item. 

This is an example of an ECB.  It says $18 Extra bucks - that  means you have $18 to use towards your next purchase.
Don't ever throw away ECB's.  They are bacially money in coupon form.
Each weekend, I go through the Sunday ads.  We only get the Sunday paper for coupons.  If I hear it'll be a good week for coupons, I'll buy an early edition.  To save money though, we just get 1 Sunday paper.  In the paper, you'll see the CVS ads.  Here is an online version.

 
This is an example for a situation to earn ECBs.  This says you buy 2 and pay $5.  However, you'll earn $2 back (at the bottom of your receipt), so it is like paying $3 for 2 tubes of toothpaste.
To increase your savings, you can also use manufacturer's coupons or store coupons.  For example, if you had two 75 cents off coupons for Colgate Total, you could use that and actually spend $1.50 for 2 tubes of tootpaste.
Well, kinda in a rough nutshell.  That is CVSing.  Let me know if you have any questions!

No comments:

Post a Comment