About Me

My photo
I am a follower of Christ, a wife, a mother, a sister, a daughter, a teacher...

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Being "Choosey"

In efforts of being frugal with the state of our economy, I've discovered that it pays to shop around.  This does take extra time and extra energy.  It even gets more complicated and tiresome with a toddler in tow, and a baby on the way.  BUT, the savings are worth it.  Below are lists of stores I frequent and hot items that I can get good deals on.

El Tapatio/Superior/Cardenas
  • Fresh produce (way under $1/lb)
  • Fruit (way under $1/lb)
  • Eggs (20ct. for under $2)
  • Salad (usually 99 cents/lb)
  • Potatoes
  • Other veggies
Vons
  • Meat 
Staters
  • Meat
  • Juicy Juice (4 pk for 99 cents)
  • Milk
  • Bread
Food 4 Less
  • Juices
  • Rolls
  • Cheese
  • Cereal
  • Lunch meat
Walgreens (WAGs)
  • Diapers (Depends on rebates and RR deals)
  • Toilet Paper (Charmin 9 pk for $4)
  • Toiletries (Often free after rebates and/or RR deals)
CVS
  • Toiletries (Usually free after ECB's)
  • Diapers (depends on ECB deals)
Where do you find deals?

1 comment:

  1. HI! I love this blog! I put in on my list of favorites... I really want to learn how to be coupon savvy and I have already printed out the diaper coupon to use. I was wondering if you could explain the Walgreen's and CVS savings to me a little better. IT's like a totally different language... I nkow you are trying to comunicate something... but I just get so lost!!!

    I found this blog of yours through your other blog... and I wanted to comment on that how close in age our daughters are! Praise God for your willingness to share your story and to share your talent of grabbing great deals!

    my blog is at: dealfamblog.blogspot.com

    Kara Deal

    ReplyDelete