About Me

My photo
I am a follower of Christ, a wife, a mother, a sister, a daughter, a teacher...

Friday, May 27, 2011

Grocery Tally

Alright, here we go!  My husband and I had a really nice talk last night about our finances.  If you know us, you know Tim's job situation has been really rough.  We talked how finances was affecting our relationship and how draining it is on us.  SSSSOOOO, to hold myself more accountable to my grocery budget, I am going to post my tally each week for grocery expenses.  I'm hoping this will really make me look at what I'm spending even more, and be even a better stewart of the provisions God's given to us.  I really want to bring the total down to $60 a week, but I am noticing I am pretty much staying at $70-80 a week.

To keep it simple, if there is change, I will round the total to the next whole dollar amount (i.e. $24.34 will be rounded to $25)

Food 4 Less - $11 (Bread was on clearance and stocked up!)
Ralphs - $25  (Saved $36.54)
Vons - $29  (Saved 61% - my rule is that I generally have to save AT LEAST 50%, if I am going to Vons)

Total: $65

No comments:

Post a Comment