About Me

My photo
I am a follower of Christ, a wife, a mother, a sister, a daughter, a teacher...

Monday, May 2, 2011

Manic Monday

Sundays are our day of rest.  We go to church, worship our Lord, and spend time with the family.  It's a relaxing day typically.  I also usually spend the afternoon going through the coupon inserts and Sunday ads.  I hope you were as excited as I was that the monthly PG insert came out!  (Proctor and Gamble). 

On Sundays, I start making my list of what's on sale where and what I need.  Unless I can get it for free, or at a very little OOP (out of pocket) expense, I strictly stick to what we NEED.  My rule has really become that to get it it must be on sale AND I must have a coupon for it.  Unless, of course, we ABSOLUTELY need the item, ie. diapers, and such.

Here is my list of what I plan on picking up this week.  I may not get EVERYTHING on the list.  It gives me a goal to set for our weekly budget.  Sundays are typically Non-Food lists, while Tues./Wed. are food grocery list days. 

Monday starts my "manic" shopping rounds.  I always go to stores I pass on the way to save gas, rarely venturing out too much out of my regular route unless I absolutely NEED to.  Today was Albertsons and CVS. 

Albertsons
  • Took advantage of their Buy 5 General Mills products and get a free gallon of milk (up to $4) - this is good up until tomorrow. I stacked this deal with printed coupons from coupons.com.  I used 2 75c. off multigrain cheerios, 1 $1 off 2 lucky charms, and 1 55c. off honey-nut cheerios.  I spent approx. $9.
Vons
  • I may or may not hit up Vons for this deal.  It's not a necessity, but it is a GOOD deal.  Buy 2 Pepsi products, get 2 FREE, and 1 FREE bag of Tostitos.  It'll turn out to approx. $11.98 + CRV, which isn't BAD AT ALL for 4 12-packs and a bag of chips.  However, they also have Buy 2 Get 3 FREE, so I try to wait for those deals.
CVS
  • Colgate Max Clean $2.77 Get $2.77 back = FREE (There's a cojpon for 75c. off in the smartsource coupon inserts this week)
  • Charmin $4.99 Get $1 = $3.74
  • Cascade products - Buy $10 Get $3 Back (I got these today because I had $7 ECB's to use.), I ended up spending $1.01.
    • Cascase dish detergent - $4  (Used $1 from PG booklet mailer I sent off for)
    • Magic Eraser - $3 (I got 2) (Used $1.50 off 2 Mr. Clean products from this week's coupon insert)
  • Bic Soliel Shimmer $6.99 Get $3 = $3.99 (There is also a $3 off coupon in the PG insert)
Walgreens
  • Noxema Razors (4 pk) $3.99 Get $3 = 99c (There's a $2 coupon for this in the redplum coupon insert)
  • Bic Soleil (4 pk - disposables) $5.99 Get $2 (There's a $3 off coupon in the smartsource coupon insert)
  • ProGlide Gillette Razor $9.99 Get $5 = $4.99 (Use the $4 off in the PG coupon insert and it's 99c!)
  • Arizone Tea 2/$1 w/ store coupon (I really like these, they are SO refreshing!)
Let me know if you guys find any SUPER UBER deals this week!

1 comment:

  1. The problem for me is still the fact that I don't go out much. I use to have a date that I did all of my errands and did my shopping. I have my coupon folder organized and carry with me everywhere I go. Don't get all the savings I use to get, but little by little I will get there!
    Thanks for all the tips!

    ReplyDelete